People's Choice Briefing
The 2016 Midlands Family Business Awards finalists gathered at Donington Hall to celebrate their success and find out more about the brand new People's Choice Award
Sponsored by Streets Chartered Accountants, the People's Choice Award is open to all finalists and is decided purely through online votes, as Streets' Marketing Partner James Pinchbeck explained.
James gave the Awards finalists tips on how to maximise their share of the vote - and urged them to start early to make the most of the voting window!
People's Choice Award - tips for securing votes
- Start now - don't wait until voting opens to get a plan in place.
- Schedule activity throughout the voting period - don't leave it till the last few days.
- Think of everyone who could vote for you - employees, customers, suppliers, business friends, referrers etc.
- Produce a press release - send it early in case your target publication is a monthly one.
- Write a blog for your website.
- Print voting cards for reception.
- Tell your staff - make sure they know how to encourage people to vote.
- Add the details to your website homepage together with a link to the voting page.
- Add the voting link to your email footer.
- Put the finalists logo and voting URL on your letterhead.
- Use your social media channels - facebook, twitter, linkedin, pinterest, instagram etc.
- Put posters up in store or in your premises.
- Send an email newsletter to your clients and contacts.
Voting runs from 3 October to 31 October and entries can be cast on the Midlands Family Business Award website.
Only one vote is allowed per email address.
Enter Midlands Family Business Awards
Time to shine a light on your family business? We think so! Entries for the Midlands Family Business Awards are now open. Hit the ‘enter awards’ button to go to the awards entry platform - entries are free and you can select from 10 different award categories. Good luck!